Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who teaches the classes? Unless otherwise noted, Katie teaches classes. There are occasional course offerings through Capital Coaching with Guest Instructors. Guest instructors will always be noted in the class description.
2. Where are the classes? Classes are held primarily in Gaithersburg or Baltimore. If you are interested in having a class offered in your area, please inquire through the contact form!
3. How many people are in each class? Classes range from 5-10 students depending on the curriculum. Keep in mind, a larger class does not mean less time for you, as the student. There are classes requiring group work and playback which can make larger classes more valuable. Because Capital Coaching is flexible in an effort to accommodate everyone’s busy schedules, some class sizes will vary. At times classes may run over the scheduled time to ensure everyone is given equal attention.
4. How long are the classes? Most group classes are scheduled for 3 hours, but students are encouraged to be prepared to stay for 4 hours. Due to the nature of acting classes, it is always difficult to predict the time required to address each individual’s needs. If you need to leave at a certain time, arrangements are easily made as we aim to end on time. Please advise the instructor before class begins. Weekend workshops are 4-6 hours each day.
5. How many weeks are the classes? Most classes run for 6 weeks. Weekend workshops are usually 1 or 2 days. Start and end dates are always listed in Class Descriptions.
6. Are there make-ups sessions? As often as possible, make-ups are scheduled at least once a quarter and students are welcome to make-up within a year of their missed class. Arrangements can also be made to attend at a different location, or attend a class during the next session at the same location, depending on space availability. If you need to miss more than 2 classes, we suggest starting the next session or consulting the instrcuctor.
7. What is the cancellation policy? Classes can be cancelled for a full refund, minus any non refundable deposits, up to one week before the start of class. After that, if another student can take your place from the waiting list, you may also receive a refund but this is not guaranteed.
8. Are discounts available? Anyone who has taken a class within the last two years, will receive a $25.00 discount on each class. An early bird discount of $25.00 is also available for payments made 2 weeks prior to the beginning of a class. A student who completes two sessions will be eligible for a $25.00 discount on the third session. Please inquire about family, referral and package discounts. This structure was built to benefit those continuing to invest in themselves and their careers.
* Note: Specific classes may not include these discounts. Classes ineligible for discounts will be noted in the class description.
9. Do you offer internships? Yes. At this time, internships are only offered to current Capital Coaching students.
10. Do you have a referral program? We do! Because referrals are difficult to track (many students hear from multiple sources or have inquired previously, etc) please make sure that you either make the introduction or the incoming student alerts the instructor when registering for the class, so it is clearly understood this student was referred by you. Only one referring student can receive credit per referred friend. If more than one member refers the same friend, credit will be given based on the member’s name given by the referred student at registration.
11. Are the classes fun? Feedback from our students indicates that they find our classes to be a good mixture of hard work and fun. Students must keep in mind that training, by its very nature, involves repetition and lecture, and sometimes frustrations, as old habits are broken down to perfect their craft. Our aim is to create an enjoyable and comfortable environment for our students, but the priority is always learning and growing.
12. How do I sign up? You can sign up and pay directly through the website and someone will contact you. If you’d like to reserve a spot and are not ready to pay, you can email email@example.com for arrangements. There is also a contact form if you need more information.